The Travellers Programme is an innovative, small group programme for young people, to build resilience and key life skills.
Young people today experience change at a more rapid pace than previous generations. This means some will benefit from the help and support of our Travellers Programme as they go through transitions like:
• starting a new school
• changing friendships
• moving cities or countries
• dealing with family and personal health issues.
What Travellers involves
Travellers is an in-school, eight week programme that teaches young people skills to cope with change, loss, and transition. It builds their self-esteem and confidence, so they can face other challenges in future. Travellers supports students at school by helping them to build resilience and enhance connections by:
• exploring their change, loss, and transition experiences
• navigating their movement through change, loss, and transition in safe and adaptive ways
• linking how they think and feel about change, loss, and transition situations and how their thoughts and feelings influence how they cope and respond
• enhancing supportive environments and improving their learning outcomes.